It is with much sadness that the Directors and staff at Expol learnt of the tragic passing away of...
Introduction to Open Source & Internet Investigation Training
This 1 day workshop will provide Delegates with the skills to confidently undertake investigations using open source techniques and present the material obtained in a manner that will withstand scrutiny in court or civil tribunals. Due diligence, compliance issues, know your customer and internal investigations will be thoroughly complimented by this training.
About the Internet Investigations Course Isle of Man
Tony Bennett is a former police Detective who has the enviable skills of having led numerous online, cybercrime and social networking investigations. He has been a qualified Trainer for many years and has the distinction of having headed up a High Tech Crime Unit. He is an accredited expert in the forensic examination of computers. An unrivalled CV and renowned, international conference speaker.
Who is this course for?
MLROs, Researchers, Risk and Compliance teams and those who gather information from the internet as a component of their
investigative strategy. This course is interactive, immersive and forms the basis for further training.
What does the course involve?
- You will learn the principles of open source intelligence gathering and interpretation of internet traces including digital images and social networks.
- You will also learn how we capture internet material and present it in an evidentially sound format.
- We will visit the deep and dark web to demystify this area of the internet.
- We will provide a comfortable learning environment, computers and software for you to use during your training, course materials, refreshments throughout the day, lunch and a certificate of attendance.
Module learning outcomes
At the conclusion of this days training, Delegates will be able to:
- Describe search parameters to locate a known person or company
- Describe methods to locate individuals on the World Wide Web
- Apply the appropriate methodologies to internet based investigations
- Describe simple and advanced methods available to search the internet
- Demonstrate the investigative value of social networks, digital images and databases
- Discuss the process of preparing internet material for judicial, civil or other presentation